Saturday, February 19, 2011

Watch Hatchet Vs. Genitals

Sanctuary Point

The Friday, February 18 we took the road south from Sydney to Jervis Bay and Sanctuary Point. Certainly this is the 3rd time we go in that corner but we do not tire: the sand is white, beautiful beaches, birds are everywhere and the sun is often the appointment, ask for more!

This time we went to Charlotte, Denis, Coralie, Yoann and Philip. We rented a small house around Sanctuary Point which allowed us to discover a place that we had not yet explored.

arrived quite late on Friday night, Saturday's program was sleeping late and relaxing day.
Saturday morning while everyone was still asleep, waking up early by the sun I decided to go explore the countryside. Sanctuary Point overlooking the St Georges Basin and offers a superb view: I walked along the pond while the sun was just beginning to shine and I could enjoy the quiet morning: fishermen settled on their boat, the ducks are busy with their day, the Black cockatoos screech.


























And lorikeets feed calmly (and easily ...)













The rest of the day 's is held as planned and quietly under the sun. We spent the afternoon in Cave Beach to swim, surf, body surfing: it's hard living in Australia!

By late afternoon we went to explore the Botanic Gardens of Booderee National Park, and although the gardens were not transcendent, we have spent a good ten minutes watching a family of Eastern Grey Kangaroos.


After a good night: cocktails at sunset, BBQ and games on Sunday we went for brunch to Huskisson. And yes I know we do often but it never tires. A breakfast on the terrace it always gives the feeling of being on vacation and we love it!

in St Georges Basin sunset

the afternoon before returning to Sydney, everybody was very motivated for another session of surfing / beach while for me the idea of another afternoon at the beach does not really tempt me. I sincerely admit that the beach 30 minutes for me to surf swim-1h-1h30 with seeing a ball game but it stops there. I spotted a few days of a hike 12kms: Headland Walking Trails that I really wanted to do, then suddenly I asked Cyril to drop me off at the beginning of the hike, with the idea of going Whiting Beach until only 2 hours with only 30 in front of me.

Here I am out for the first time in hiking alone! The hike was not very difficult and not very long and with plenty of water and a cereal bar I do not risk much.
a break after 3kms to the Blacks Waterhole: a sort of marshy lake full of dragonflies of all colors where I particularly enjoyed the tranquility that nature has to offer.













Stop following Whiting Beach: a beautiful beach at 400m below the footpath. Nothing like a little swimming in blue water so clear that it is transparent, and perfect temperature to cool off. One of most beautiful beach I could see this year, without hesitation.



Cyril then came to get me back to the parking lot on time (despite my photo stops a little long I was at the time: 2:30 to 8 km and 30 minutes break). And after my story and his little disappointment at not having accompanied me, we promised to return again to camp in Cave Beach and make a loop of 12kms to St Georges Head.

0 comments:

Post a Comment